THE TOWN HALL IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC AND OPEN TO EMPLOYEES ONLY MONDAY, WEDNESDAY & FRIDAY 8:30AM - 4 PM (HOURS MAY VARY)
NOTICE: GOVERNOR LAMONT IS TELLING CONNECTICUT RESIDENTS TO "STAY SAFE, STAY AT HOME." ALL NON-ESSENTIAL WORKERS STATEWIDE ARE BEING DIRECTED TO WORK FROM HOME, EFFECTIVE MONDAY, MARCH 23, 2020 AT 8:00PM. FOR THE LATEST INFORMATION, RESOURCES, EXECUTIVE ORDERS AND GUIDANCE RELATED TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19), VISIT https://portal.ct.gov/coronavirus
**COVID19 PREVENTATIVE MEASURES & IMPLEMENTATION PROCEDURES: TOWN PLAN FOR LIMITED GENERAL PUBLIC INTERACTION: AS OF MARCH 23, 2020 NO PUBLIC WILL BE ALLOWED IN TOWN HALL PLEASE SEE THIS LINK FOR CONTACT INFORMATION FOR EACH DEPARTMENT!!!
**PLEASE CHECK EACH TOWN DEPARTMENT FOR SPECIFIC CANCELATIONS AND/OR POSTPONEMENTS**
March 30, 2020
We continue to work under a Harwinton Declaration of Emergency for the COVID19 Corona Virus outbreak. As of this morning there are still 4 confirmed cases of this virus in Harwinton. We continue to monitor the situation, daily, with the Torrington Area Health District, Center for Disease Control and the State Department of Health. We continue to have conference calls daily 7days a week to share information with our Emergency Team and other area leaders.
In addition to monitoring we are actively working with our state and local partners to make sure we are prepared to support our Residents. Below we have outlined some of the numerous steps we have taken to try to ensure our Residents safety.
- Both Fire Departments and Ambulance Association are on complete lock-down. No visitors, families, or others are permitted in their facilities in order to reduce the risk of infecting the First Responders.
- Emergency Services are in full activation.
- Region 10 Schools are closed until further notice. Facilities are being deep cleaned. Distance Learning has begun.
- All school grounds are closed to the public until further notice
- All town playgrounds, basketball courts, pickleball courts are closed until further notice.
- Open space still remains open to the public. You are encouraged to practice social distancing while in these areas.
- Emergency Management plan is in effect for Wintergreen Elderly Housing. Visitors are limited and the Skinner House is closed to the Residents and the public until further notice.
- Emergency meetings are happening weekly with the Emergency Management Team and key leaders from the community.
- Deep sanitation of all the buildings is happening twice/day.
- All municipal buildings are closed to the public until further notice.
- Access to Town Hall is by appointment only and all guests are screened before gaining entry.
- You can communicate and access all town services virtually through our website at www.harwinton.us.
- Emergency Management team is participating in multiple conference calls a day to get the most updated information and to share procedures.
- Automated hand-sanitation devices and automated soap dispensers have been installed in all public buildings inside and outside for public use when we do open.
- Virtual Staff Meetings are being held weekly.
- Accommodations have been made for staff to work from home.
- Essential employees are still reporting to work three (3) days/week.
- Any and all meetings have been cancelled until further notice except for urgent Board of Finance/Board of Selectman meetings which are being held virtually.
- We continue to urge all Residents as we move into the peak of this virus to please stay home and stay safe.
These are only some of the steps the Town has taken in order to continue to slow down the spread of COVID19 virus within our community. We are well prepared should any outbreak happen within our community to respond accordingly and communicate that information community-wide. We continue to ask you to share our information publicly with your neighbors and friends. For the most up to date information please visit our website at www.harwinton.us and to follow the official Harwinton FB page, the ‘Town of Harwinton’, for accurate and updated information. We also urge all Residents to sign up for our Everbridge reverse 911 calls which can be found on the www.harwinton.us homepage, click on ‘Emergency Alerts’ under the Citizen Action Center (on the left side of homepage) to fill out the appropriate information for Harwinton’s Alert System.
The health and safety of the entire Harwinton community is of the utmost importance to me and the Emergency Team. I want to assure you all that we will continue to stay on top of this situation 24/7. If you have any COVID19 questions or concerns regarding the community please feel free to email COVID19@harwinton.us.
And as always, “Stay home, Stay safe”.
Michael R. Criss
First Selectman, Town of Harwinton