The 2010 Plan of Conservation & Development recommended that the Board of Selectmen establish an Agriculture Committee. The plan suggests that innovative planning and zoning practices and techniques be considered to preserve farmlands, forestland, and agricultural land. It also suggests that the town be proactive in considering ways to preserve and protect prime agricultural parcels and forestland through grants, preservation programs and the like. This is in keeping with the rural character of the town.
- To identify current agricultural practices in town
- To create and recommend a Right to Farm Ordinance for the town
- To establish ourselves as a resource/advisory to the public
- To create and recommend agricultural language for Planning and Zoning Regulations
- To identify significant parcels in town that may have agricultural potential
- To identify potential funding sources