Learn to Re-Use
Purchase durable goods so they last longer.
Buy goods that can be repaired and repair them when they need fixing.
Recognize that when you do not want an item anymore, it doesn’t mean it has no value. It could be sold or given away.
Buy and sell used goods in the market place.
Borrow – visit your local library!
Learn more. Visit the DEEP web site for a wealth of how-to information. Log on to www.ct.gov/deep. Type into the search box -”recycling”. Click on the first site listed “Reduce/Reuse/Recycle Homepage”, scroll and click on “re-use”.
Did you know - most bottles and jars contain at least 25% recycled glass?
- Additional Items that Can be Recycled
- Benefits of Recycling
- Composting and Grass Cycling
- Curbside Single Stream Recycling
- Electronics Recycling
- Every Day is Earth Day
- It Pays to Recycle
- Medicine Disposal
- Re-Use is the Best Recycling
- Recycling Ordinances
- Recycling Schedule 2017
- Recycling and Hauler Contacts
- Recycling at Christmas
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Buy Recycled Content
- Tips for Contractors
- Update! Paint Recycling
- What Do I Do With...?
- What's New - What's Changed?