Waste Haulers – Harwinton (Weekly curbside pickup)
USA Hauling and Recycling – 860-379-1662 (Jim Rockwell)
Albreada’s Refuse and Sweeping – 482-6799 – (Don & Sue Albreada)
Mr. Can Man (temporary clean outs. No weekly curbside pickups*) 626-0394 (Michael Bergeron)
Bill Rinko – 860 485-9744
Trees, Stumps, Brush
Supreme Forest Industries – 485-0343
open to residents Mon-Fri 7am to 4:30pm (Call for Sat. hrs.)
charge $10/yard ( reg size pick up truck bed is approx. 1 yard)
THE WOOD MUST BE COMPLETELY FREE OF METAL PIECES SUCH AS WIRE,NAILS, ETC. ALSO, NO TREATED WOOD. THE WOOD IS MADE INTO CHIPS, SO IT MUST BE TOTALLY FREE OF CONTAMINATES.
Just drive in and look for the man with the loader. The facility is located on lower Bogue Road. Directions: old route 8 toward Torrington. Past Agway, look for right turn where “Torrington Pollution Control Facility” sign is posted. Business is part way up the hill, past O&G on your right and Pollution Control on your left.
Bag them in biodegradable bags. Drop off across the road from the Harwinton Town Garage any time. You’ll see a cleared area to pull into. The “No Dumping” sign means “clean leaves only – no garbage, wood, manure, carcasses, or other trash.” The Town Garage is located on Locust Road . Directions: drive up Route 4 through center of town and up the hill. You’ll see a small sign on the right that says “Camp’s Greenhouse”. Turn onto Locust Rd. and travel approximately one half mile . You’ll see the Garage on your left surrounded by a chain link fence. The drop off area will be on your right.
HARWINTON RESIDENTS ONLY PLEASE!
Bulky Waste Items (ie. Sofas, chairs,etc.)
- Recycle if useful (call Goodwill or a public service organization)
- Tag sale the items
- Put at curbside with a “free” sign on it
- Call your hauler to get a price and time for special pickup at your curbside.
- Take the item to Albreada’s for disposal. Call 482-6799 for drop off /charge information
- Save for spring and fall bulky waste and scrap metal collections
You can now bring your electronics to Take2 in Waterbury at no cost to you. They are located at 295 South Leonard Street Building 1 in Waterbury. Hours are M-F 8:30 - 4:30 and on Saturdays 8:30 - noon. Call 203-286-5757 if you have any questions or visit them on the web at www.take2recycle.com.
- Additional Items that Can be Recycled
- Benefits of Recycling
- Composting and Grass Cycling
- Curbside Single Stream Recycling
- Electronics Recycling
- Every Day is Earth Day
- It Pays to Recycle
- Medicine Disposal
- Re-Use is the Best Recycling
- Recycling Ordinances
- Recycling Schedule 2017
- Recycling and Hauler Contacts
- Recycling at Christmas
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Buy Recycled Content
- Tips for Contractors
- Update! Paint Recycling
- What Do I Do With...?
- What's New - What's Changed?